Medifast Shake is a density weight loss program that aims to go alongside other healthy such as eating healthy meals or exercising to cut weight. These shakes are usually seen as meal options and are meant to replace ordinary meals. Those it has side effects? What does this shake include? Are they potentially dangerous to one’s health? You are going to find the answer to all these questions in this article. If you want to find out how to use this Medifast Shake properly, then keep reading!
Medifast ships packaged meals all over the country. These meals are designed to help people that are following a certain diet and trying to lose weight. If you are that type of person, you will surely find Medifast Shakes extremely likable. There are many sensational features to these products.
Some of the most popular products the company offers are dried shake powders, dehydrated meals or snacks, among other options. These are shipped and stored carefully. The best part about these shakes, aside from the health benefits it has, is that you can prepare them extremely quickly without adding any ingredient.
The people who decide to follow Medifast diet programs eat multiple small meals. In fact, they may eat up to 6 meals a day. These meals can be just a package of snacks alone, for example. There are two main diet plans: “Go!” and “Flex.” Both diet plans have shown great results in the past.
The company provides guidelines and instructions related to its product’s consumption. You are going to find more information about this further on. People who actively consume Medifast diets can go on with them for as long as they want. Generally speaking, the expected results show up after eight weeks.
What Is Medifast Shake?
Medifast shake is a meal replacement for weight loss, and it is a product from Medifast’s commercial weight loss program. This is one of the most effective and well-known weight-loss shakes on the market. This commercial company was started in the year 1980 by a doctor called William Vitale. Initially, customers used to get the product through the network of physicians, but currently, they ship their products right to their customers’ doorway. Their products are pre-packaged, easy to prepare and help reduce your total calorie intake.
How Medifast Work
Medifast shake is designed for weight loss by using small low-calorie meals frequently. The Medifast comes with a plan of 5 and 1. This means the body only gets 800 to 1000 calories a day which is only achieved by sticking to a routine on your intake. It also alters the functioning of appetite hormones that include ghrelin and glucagon-like peptide, altering the appearance of hunger less often.
Medifast Active Ingredients
Like any other commercial pre-packed food, Medifast also has its active ingredients. Such components include:
At the amount of 14 grams per serving, proteins ensure weight loss. Apart from weight loss, proteins also boost the body’s metabolism mechanism. Biologically, proteins help you lose weight without destroying the lean tissues. With soy as one ingredient, it ensures that the thyroid gland does not lose its function.
With one serving, you get 4 grams of fiber. This is so essential in flushing out the body’s toxins. Other than that, it also helps with digestion and prevents constipation. It also works to keep your tummy full for a long time.
Vitamins and Minerals
The blending of these two essential nutrients brings about a healthy meal. Twenty-one vitamins are fortified in Medifast. Some of them include:
- Vitamin A helps maintain healthy bones, including teeth, mucous membrane, skin, and soft tissues.
- Vitamin B12. Like any other vitamin, vitamin B12 helps in metabolism. It is also important in the formation of red blood cells. It plays a significant role in the maintenance of the central nervous system.
- Vitamin K. This type of vitamin is more compulsory than a need. Without it, blood would clot or otherwise stick together in your veins, and a disease called thrombosis apart from others will set in, which leads to death eventually. Thanks to this vitamin.
- Biotin is another essential vitamin that is present in Medifast. It ensures that proteins and carbohydrates are squarely metabolized. It also promotes the production of hormones and cholesterol.
- Pyridoxine, otherwise called vitamin B6, also helps in red blood cell formation and maintenance of the brain to function very well.
Other than the 21 vitamins, there is also the mineral that is included in the Medifast shakes. They include:
- Calcium. This type of mineral is essential in the formation and strengthening of bones
- Magnesium is another mineral that helps in maintaining healthy nerve function and muscle function
- Iron is another essential mineral that helps in wound healing and the metabolism of other nutrients
Medifast is nutritionally complete and is perfect for weight loss. Though the varieties are limited, Medifast shake goes for 19.50 dollars for a box containing seven servings. In other words, it cost t2.79 dollars for one serving.
Medifast Shake Nutrition Facts
Well, let’s just say that density Medifast Shakes are extremely nutritional for you. These shakes include soy protein isolate, dextrin, fructose, whey protein, soy lecithin, corn syrup, caramel color, natural and artificial flavors, milk, among other ingredients.
Medifast Shake Flavors
Medifast Shakes come in different density flavors. All of them are very, truly fantastic. Some of the most popular flavor alternatives are French Vanilla, Strawberry or Dark Chocolate (among other sensational options).
This is absolutely a fantastic trait that you should consider about Medifast Shakes. Not only do they have a tremendous range of options, but all of them are top-notch.
Medifast Shake Taste
Nevertheless, although the density flavors are great, the most important thing is how these shakes actually taste. Well, there are some people that absolutely love how the Medifast Shakes taste. However, some people report that they were disappointed by the product’s taste.
The vanilla flavor is certainly the most popular of them all among users. At the end of the day, it all depends on the person trying them. Most people find the shakes taste extremely likable, but you should try them by yourself to judge them properly.
Pros And Cons Of Medifast Shakes
Just like any other product, this is no exception.it has its pros and cons.
- Medifast is easy to follow because it comes with diet planning and natural calorie counting.
- A fortified meal works to attain a 100 percent dietary allowance of all essential vitamins and minerals.
- Medifast is an adequate meal for losing weight in a short period. An average of 2.2 pounds per week is lost, which is great for a person to lose weight faster.
- It also provides education and a support system to keep its customers motivated.
- It is expensive. If calculated, Medifast costs 12 dollars a day which is more costly to most people.
- Medifast contains added sugar that is purposed to make the shakes and drinks more palatable, increasing calorie intake.
- If you stop taking Medifast after weight loss, you may regain the lost weight within a short time.
- Eating out can be challenging since the company provides its guideline on the diet you take.
Can Medifast Shakes Help You Lose Weight?
Yes, without a shadow of a doubt, they can. In fact, if consumed right, Medifast Shakes can be some of the most effective and easier ways to lose weight. Obviously, these shakes have to be complemented with a healthy diet, regular exercise and other healthy habits.
It is very important that you consume these shakes following the company’s guidelines and instructions to optimize your results. Pick your favorite density flavor and go for it. It is also strongly recommended to control the results you get. If you do not get instant results, do not lose your patience. Some people may need more time to experience the expected results.
If you are looking to cut weight, you should definitely consider Medifast Shakes as one of the best options. It can make you lose more weight faster than a regular diet can. As long as you follow the instructions properly, the results will be astonishing!
- Very expensive
- Good for weight loss in a short time
- Many carbohydrates
The Bottom Line
Although Medifast Shakes is undoubtedly a very interesting option for everyone who is looking to cut weight, there are certainly some things that need to be considered before starting to consume these products.
First and foremost, these density shakes are high in sugars and contain some artificial ingredients. They also include carrageenan, which is quite a controversial ingredient itself. All of these ingredients can potentially have negative effects on some people. In addition, That is why you have to be very careful about its consumption.
When it comes to the taste, it all depends on the person itself. Some people love the shake’s taste, and some don’t. It is recommended to try them by yourself to judge them properly and have your own opinion about them. If you happen to dislike one of them, try another one, there are many fantastic tastes to choose from!
Soy Protein can potentially cause some healthy options as well. That is another thing to consider. Nevertheless, Medifast Shakes have tons of very nutritional, healthy ingredients.
Before you start consuming them by yourself, make sure to consult a professional doctor to check that everything is alright. The last thing you want is to have to deal with health problems trying to cut weight. Whatever doubt you have, you can simply ask your doctor!
Medifast Shakes have proven to be extremely effective for short-term weight loss. Yet, they do not seem to be the most efficient option for long-term weight loss plans. Anyway, if you are looking to cut some weight to be in better shape quickly, these shakes are a fantastic alternative.
Long-term weight loss requires long-term lifestyle changes. All in all, Medifast Shakes are a great option for anyone looking to cut some weight in only a few weeks or months. Remember to consult your doctor before starting to consume it!